|TWITTER ACCOUNT FROM HIGHEST TO LOWEST AS PER TWEETS|
|S No||User ID||Tweets as on 21 Feb 2015|
|2||Kalyani Bansode @full2nautanki||4996|
|3||Md Sohail @sohailmlis||4125|
|4||Manpreet Kaur @manniangel||3676|
|5||Anil Mishra @ICTinLIS||3385|
|6||K. S. Abraham @Bibliophile4lyf||3264|
|7||Sukhdev Singh @esukhdev||2960|
|8||Achala Munigal @ DrAchalaMunigal||2524|
|9||Dr Vyasamoorthy @vyasamoorthy||1740|
|10||Anil Mishra @eanilkmishra||1470|
|13||Sri Badan Barman @badanbarman||1211|
|14||Tara Singh Danu @ltarasd||1058|
|15||Srinivasa Rao Lingam @CnivasCool||824|
|16||Dr.Rupak Chakravarty @imrupak||747|
|17||Chetan Hegde @chetanhegdem||664|
|TWITTER ACCOUNT FROM HIGHEST TO LOWEST AS PER FOLLOWERS|
|S No||User ID||Followers as on 21 Feb 2015|
|2||Sukhdev Singh @esukhdev||703|
|4||Dr Vyasamoorthy @vyasamoorthy||417|
|5||K. S. Abraham @Bibliophile4lyf||404|
|6||Bhojaraju Gunjal @BhojarajuGunjal||387|
|7||Kalyani Bansode @full2nautanki||384|
|9||Md Sohail @sohailmlis||350|
|10||Anil Mishra @ICTinLIS||347|
|11||Shafay Zafar @mszaffar||327|
|12||Shalini Urs @ShaliniUrs||254|
|13||Achala Munigal @ DrAchalaMunigal||240|
|14||Vasumathi Sriganesh @vasusri||194|
|15||Sri Badan Barman @badanbarman||191|
|16||Chetan Hegde @chetanhegdem||183|
|17||Susmita Chakraborty @susmita_kolkata||143|
|18||Srinivasa Rao Lingam @CnivasCool||137|
|19||Nikesh N @nikeshn||111|
Archive for February, 2015
Librarians have always learnt to use the latest Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) as well as mobile tools available in the market and utilised them
- to benefit their members
- in their workplace with their teams
- for professional development
One of the most used mobile app is Whatsapp; that Librarians in India are utilising. There are many Library and Information Science (LIS) groups on Whatsapp and the alphabetical listing is
- Academic Library (Created on 9/12/2014)
- Caliber 2015 (Created on 10/31/2014)
- Dream Librarian (Created on 10/16/2013) – Oldest Group
- IndiaLibraries (Created on 8/11/2014)
- IndiaLibraries Students (Created on 21/2/2015)
- Library Group (Created on 1/27/2015)
- LIS Friends (Created on 10/3/2014)
- LIS Professional (Created on 1/9/2014)
- Telangana Librarians (Created on 11/27/2014)
I cannot share their numbers due to security and privacy issues. But I would like to thank all the group admins who are running these groups for the benefit of LIS community.
Like every technology Whatsapp too has advantages and disadvantages ….
- Instant information sharing
- Instant connecting with other members
- Issues can be discussed and clarity sought
- All members can discuss and give their suggestions
- Use of emoticons instead of writing long winded answers
- Use the ‘MUTE’ option when busy and do not want to be disturbed.
- Buy a smartphone (expensive investment for some) with the whatsapp installed.
- Connects only with other people – having a smartphone with whatsapp installed.
- Keep recharging Internet time on mobile.
- Addictive and can turn a person to compulsively check mobile at all times and in all places. It can become a time wasting pastime if unchecked.
- Groups are not listed in one place and hence unsearchable. One cannot join a group unless one is aware of the mobile number of group admin.
- Maximum of 100 members can be added in one group!
- Duplication of members is seen – Most groups have similar member list.
- Only number is displayed and not name. Name reflects only when keyed in profile or saved in contacts list.
- Most members do not contribute to the discussion but are silent observers
Guidelines (Do’s and Dont’s) of how to conduct one self as a member on Whatsapp groups …..
- Information that is relevant to LIS is to be posted.
- Information Sharing and Knowledge Exchange is encouraged. General awareness information and Infotainment is welcome….but not forwarded messages
- BREVITY is a MUST! But meaning should not be lost in the process.
- Language for communication is English.
- Regional Languages/International Languages welcome but only if accompanied by English translation!
- Videos should be accompanied by one line description so that other members can decide if they would like to check it out or not!
- Just a occasional hello (atleast once a week) from every member or a selfie or a picture of the workplace of member most welcome!
- Do remember that what ever is posted online – can be forwarded, shared, stored and retrieved. Messages surface when we least expect and out of context! So be careful of your opinions and how you put them forth!
- Do not post ‘very long’ messages. Nobody has time and patience to scroll down long messages.
- Do not spam. Occasional reminder is welcome. If one is marketing ones Seminar/Conference/Workshop For Example write “Last Day/Two Days/Three Days….to submit Camera Ready Paper” More details at URL.
- Do not be rude or abrupt in conversations. Constructive criticism. It is expected that all members respect other members opinions even if they do not agree with it.
- Do not make spelling mistakes
- Do not ‘coin’ your own abbreviations of words – follow standards
- Do not be silent spectator. Try to participate in discussion.
- Do not send messages on Whatsapp between 10pm to 6am. (I need to actually practice what I preach! )
- Do not change group icon or logo or picture posted by the group admin without informing.
- Do not share the group admins mobile number without taking consent first due to privacy issues.
- Do not post in regional language unless the group is a regional group.
- Monitor to see that group members are posting relevant information or ensure that you steer them in right direction.
- Give warning to members who do not follow group rules. If the member persist then he/she can be removed.
- Appreciate the active members and Encourage the non-active members to share.
- Post topics for discussion
- Do not remove group members without advance warning.
Please write to me at AchalaMunigalRao@gmail.com incase you are aware of any other whatsapp group that I have not included in this list!
Copyright: Achala Munigal
All Rights Reserved.
Please contact for permissions.